www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Inaction on Java SE JSR?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:44:49 GMT

On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:47 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> On 7/1/07, *Geir Magnusson Jr.* <geir@pobox.com
>> <mailto:geir@pobox.com>>
>> wrote:
>>     On Jun 29, 2007, at 4:24 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Initially the contested Java SE JSR, and later any related/later
>>> JSR's of
>>> the same technology by the same spec lead, and finally - every
>>> JSR who's
>>> spec lead is in persistent violation of the mutually agreed-upon
>>> terms
>>> of the JSPA.  This seems only rational, no?
>>
>> That would be every Sun-led JSR.
>
> That's a broad overgeneralization.

No, it's a fact.  Sun is the spec lead on every Sun-led JSR.  Our
position is that Sun is in violation of the JSPA.  Therefore...

> Sun has been less flexible with the J2SE,
> J2EE specs, while being more flexible with others.  What I was
> saying is that
> the successor to the flawed J2SE (is that JSR 270?) would
> automatically be
> nixed until there was affirmative proof that issues have been
> addressed.

No.  That gives the the spec lead the ability to misbehave and exert
extra-JSPA control in areas where they wish, and still remain a
citizen in good standing.

We have one agreement with Sun.  That's the JSPA.  They are in
violation of it...

geir