www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [Draft] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:01:23 GMT

On Jul 2, 2007, at 1:10 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> There are actually two ways around this.  We don't care if a TCK/
> test suite
> is closed source/NDA, even when it's considered the reference
> test.  We do
> care, however, that we cannot label our code as an implementation
> until
> it passes a closed source/NDA suite.

1) Drop the bit about "closed source" for the test kit.  That's
irrelevant.

2) You can't call it complete or compatible w/o passing the test suite.

> So, if a JSR either spell out that the closed/NDA suites are
> reference, but
> not the sole authoritative test of compliance, or ... spell out the
> reference
> test - which is authoritative - must not be subject to NDA.

The EG has to deliver the sole authoritative test - there only is one.

> (I don't know
> that we care if we can or cannot republish it.  We only care, I
> believe,
> that the ASF committer can obtain and use that test without
> additional burdens
> or liabilities.)

How can you agree to not republish if there are no additional burdens
or liabilities when obtaining said thing we can't republish?

geir