www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: servlet 3.0 (JSR-315)
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:58:43 GMT
This clearly isn't one of our finest moments.  It's apparent to me
that the group wants to avoid voting yes, and is searching for a
reason.  We had a lot of +1s for reasons that even sam seems to have
backed away from, and we aren't going to go with the hard-line reason
that actually makes logical sense to me.  I gave you my best advice
on what to do, but didn't get very far.

I'll go with the following, and I'll defend it, but I'm not that
happy about it.

"The ASF has serious reservations about how the JCP operates
following Sun's refusal to provide the JCK to the Apache Harmony
project under terms complaint with the JSPA. Since Sun has not
responded to the ASF's open Letter on this subject, the ASF is
currently in the process of formulating a new policy towards the JCP
(see jcp-open@apache.org) and all future JSRs will be evaluated in
light of that policy. Since the policy has not yet been finalized the
ASF reluctantly abstains from voting at this time.  This is not a
statement about the technology."

I have until midnight to change if we want to do something else.

geir