www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:52:55 GMT

On Jun 28, 2007, at 6:43 AM, Chris Gray wrote:

> I'm just wondering whether the ASF can square this circle by having
> a third
> party bring out a not-quite-FLOSS, JCK-passing version.
> Unfortunately I have
> to say that the more I look at the JSPA, the less likely this seems
> to me.

The rebel in me wants to find the loop holes and just do it.
However, the more I think about it the more I agree with Sam's
proposal that we need to take the high ground.  It may be to the
detriment of some projects but the integrity of the ASF is not
something that can be lost more than once and we need to defend it.

/me ponders how Geir maintains a sense of sanity after visiting the
Sun Asylum so many times.