www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: JSR 316: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Specification
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:09:28 GMT

On Jul 3, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> writes:
>
>> Is another open letter called for to let them know what is coming? Is
>> there anything we can do to try and get other voters to take a
>> similar
>> line?
>
> Sun is quite capable of reading this mailing list, so we don't need
> to send them another invitation.  I don't know why Geir didn't JFDI
> this into action yesterday, but I suspect peer pressure played a
> large role in his selection of a mediocre "abstain" over an IMO
> truly excellent "no".

Well, a bunch of reasons.

First, "no" should be part of a general plan, which I had planned for
later on this summer.  Ah well.  If we're going to go "no", we go all
in.

Also,  I represent the ASF, and it's good to see ASF community
engagement (as a general thing).  I thought our engagement on this
issue was horrendous in it's substance, but hey, that's just my POV.

(And if I voted "no", I would have been told that I wasn't a proper
little consensus-gatherer.... )

(Sun is reading this list.)

geir