www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Polls vs Votes
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 23:43:13 GMT
"Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@buni.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> writes:
>>

>>> On Jul 3, 2007, at 5:29 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>>     At the risk of appearing to play to the crowd, I think that the
>>> voices on this mailing list is important, and I am offended that you
>>> characterize our operation in the JCP as lacking direction.
>>>

>> I'm sorry you feel offended, but IMO we exactly that in the comment
>> text you chose to use for the vote.
>>

> can you rephrase that a tad?

Sorry, s/we exactly/we did exactly/.  Here's an excerpt of the
text:

  "Since Sun has not  responded to the ASF's open Letter
  on this matter, the ASF is  currently in the process of formulating a new
  policy towards the JCP  (see jcp-open@apache.org) and all future JSRs will be
  evaluated in  light of that policy. Since the policy has not yet been
  finalized,  the ASF reluctantly abstains from voting at this time."

IOW, without a new policy, we don't know how to exercise
our vote other than "abstain".  That's what I meang by
"lacking direction".

--
Joe Schaefer