www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:30:09 GMT

On Jul 6, 2007, at 5:09 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>
>> really?  let each project vote to conform to policy?  What if a
>> project
>> decided that doing technical discussions in private is better for
>> their
>> project's operation?
>
> NO.  Vote to accept being grandfathered in for PAST JSR's ... or to
> move
> forward *including* past JSR's under the new policy.
>
> Project's wouldn't be opting in-out for new JSR's - those would be ASF
> wide.  I'm looking for non-disruption to things that "just work"
> today.

So you are saying that projects that have the NDAs now "just work"?

Are we trying to fix a problem, or find a stick to try to whack at
Sun for their inability to respond to us re the open letter?  I don't
like the fact that Sun hasn't responded to our open letter any more
than you do, but I think it's because they can't.

They can't deny the issue, and they can't defend their position.

geir