www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: JSR 316: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Specification
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:21:15 GMT
I really believe that voting "no" for political or beliefs will only
cause us to be viewed in a light different than we are currently
perceived.  If we are not going to vote on the technical aspects of
the JSR,  l recommend we make a public statement to pull out of the
JCP or JSR.  If we vote "no" for political purposes, I certainly
believe we will do some damage with our reputation.  I am behind our
ideals 100%, but let's go about communicating it a way that shows some
class and not in an obstructive way.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone