www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: servlet 3.0 (JSR-315)
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:44:59 GMT
> This is only the kickoff vote for the JSR.  It isn't the final vote.
> That's 18 months away.

Can you please back up and provide us JCP-ignoramuses with the context
of what this vote means and what our options are.  Voting 'yes' means
that we approve for this EG to start working?  Are there any other
votes that we'll have along the way?

> We'd be saying "no, we don't think this JSR should even start,
> because you haven't satisfied our previously unstated requirements
> about how we think that EGs will work in public, and how our yet-as-
> undecided policy towards NDAs will play out..."

I totally grok that.  Hence, I'd either recommend 'yes' or 'abstain' -
probably leaning towards abstaining for *all* votes until we have the
policy hashed out.  -- justin