www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: servlet 3.0 (JSR-315)
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:39:03 GMT
> I think that we should :
>
> 1) note our support for working in the open (it's like "the Apache Way")
> 2) in our vote, also note that we expect them to do technical work in
> public
> 3) we will have people on that EG -> let *them* report back to us if
> the EG is doing technical development in public (and see if the EG is
> reacting to ASF representation urging them to do the tech work in
> public).
> 4) If they don't - if they do things in secret - we vote "no" on
> future votes for that JSR.
>
> This don't solve the NDA for TCK issue of course.

I'm with you up until #4 as I don't see how that's a suitable stick to
force them to play nice.  Can we withdraw support for the EG at a
later point if they don't adhere to making the technical decisions on
the public list?  That could be something at the EC level or simply
withdrawing our representation and go off on our own path.  -- justin