www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@buni.org>
Subject Re: JSR-316 Vote
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:49:45 GMT
Yeah I had my concerns about this approach or at least how it would
appear.  I guess If we were going to make a statement vote then it ought
to have been on one with the apparent issue.  However, the veracity of
Mr. Barker's comments are unwarranted.  If the JCP generates non-open
source licensable JSRs and continues to operate under unnecessary
secrecy, then I do agree with him that Apache should withdraw and look
at coming up with a standards board more to its liking.  It continues to
seem inappropriate to have secret closed-community open source
development @ Apache.

-andy

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite