www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Real world example of TCK have's vs have-not's
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:35:07 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> So.... make a jcp-tck and start talking on there?
>
> Why can't people who have signed the NDA with Apache not talk to each
> other?

Of course they can.  But they can discuss much more than we currently
attempt to do on the public dev list, where technical discussion of the
ASF software *must* take place.

Before we decide on working AROUND the terms, let's please let Geir publish
a page on this topic under http://www.apache.org/jcp/ - and clarify 90% of
our misunderstandings.  This is what Geir is tasked with.

THEN we can determine what lists, etc, are needed, and how we can eliminate
the NDA between committers and the ASF.  The TCK license already provides
the restrictions on the use of the TCK, and we need to demonstrate that we
have faith in our committers and members to honor licenses, no matter if
they are the AL, the GPL, or a commercial license.

Bill