www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@buni.org>
Subject Re: Representation advice for JSR 314
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:49:11 GMT
Can someone explain or provide reference to the difference between the
TCK and CTS?

Gary VanMatre wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Martin Marinschek and I have been accepted as Apache EG representatives for JSR 314 [1].
 I've been trying to follow the on going dialog to determine how that affects this JSR.  I'd
like to participate but respect that there is greater motives at work here.  Please review
and let us know if this is something that ASF chooses it represent.

> [1] http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=314
>

>> 2.16 Please describe how the RI and TCK will de delivered, i.e. as part of a profile
or platform edition, or stand-alone, or both. Include version information for the profile
or >platform in your answer.

>> Sun will deliver a Reference Implementation (RI) and Technology Compatibility Kit
(TCK). The RI  will be made available standalone and as part of the Java EE 6 platform. The
TCK will be made available standalone and as part of the Java EE 6 CTS.

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org