www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed policy going forward
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 23:50:40 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> 1) We will vote against any JSR which does not have a public set
>    of terms attached to the TCK and RI. (Those terms may involve
>    NDAs and closed source licenses on the software).
+1

> 2) We will vote against any JSR produced by a spec lead who in
>    our view is in breech of the JSPA.
+1

> 3) We will not participate in the development of any JSR which
>    does not conduct itself in an Apache-like fashion.
-1 because 'Apache-like fashion' is too vauge.
If you mean "We will not particiapte in the development of any JSR that:
- does not hold technical discussions in public
- does not maintain a public issue tracking system
then +1.
Note that I would still expect every JSR to have a private list and/or
issue tracking system to exist for the same reason Apache projects
have the private@ list and private JIRA issues.

> I think the foundation would be best served by adopting a simple
> set of changes like the above immediately, and revisiting the NDA
> issue at a later date.
+1