www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Alternate Proposed Changes to JCP Participation - Round
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:05:15 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Let's not get bogged down in the procedural details or we'll never reach
> a consensus.  And we WILL be colored as nutso fanatics just like OSI is
> being colored like nutso fanatics because they've been taking a stand
> against companies calling software clearly licensed in contradiction
> with the OSD "open source".

Bingo ;-)  That was really where I was coming from.  Lets do what we
need to do, but lets do it right...and I think we are ;-)

> Retroactivity
> 6. If Apache takes a stance on these things do we apply it to ALL work
> or NEW work only?

This is where my concerns begin to form.  Since we are already a part of
 JSRs that are in effect, I think we need to either wave them, or back
out gracefully.

I really want to know what the projects who are affected think and like
to hear from them.

Jeff