www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Alternate Proposed Changes to JCP Participation - Round
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:14:51 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:

> Wait...I think we have our lines crossed somewhere...if the other
> directors are voting on whether we do business as usual or not, then
> absolutely yes, vote the -1.
>
> If the other directors are voting on some interfaces and annotations,
> and we vote -1 based on doing business as usual, that doesn't seem real
> appropriate to me...

When does a vote on a JSR take place on licensing terms? I suggest you
re-review http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=4216 and look at the
comments. Here you have most of the participants abstaining due to
licensing issues, not on the technical merits of interfaces or
annotations. From what I can see, all that is being suggested is that
the ASF continue to do this whenever it is necessary with one change
being a No vote instead of an abstention.

Ralph