www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Alternate Proposed Changes to JCP Participation - Round 2
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:58:55 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Then i'd like for ASF to withdraw from the JCP and Sun can invite any
> of the committers specifically for their technical abilities. ASF need
> not be involved at all.
>
> thanks,
> dims

I couldn't agree less. As has been pointed out, many of the JSRs have
been released on acceptable terms.  IMO, the ASF has an obligation to
continue to influence open source development. The only effective way to
do that is to be involved.

Pulling out of the JCP is effectively sticking our head in the sand and
hopnig it all gets better on its own.

Ralph