www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Alternate Proposed Changes to JCP Participation - Round
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:58:11 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Sun knew Apache was an open source organization.  Why should the expect
> it to vote for things that aren't conducive to open source when it uses
> Apache to legitimize the JCP?  That logic baffles me...Taking the high
> road is bending over?  Who are we?  Congress?

Sorry, I fail to see how your analogy to congress (and bending over)
plays out here.

It really comes down to how you want to be viewed outside of Apache.  Do
we want to be viewed as the activists who block doctors from going to
abortion clinics because we are against abortion?  Or do we want to say,
"hey, we don't like the way you do business, therefore we will be happy
to play when you guys get it together, but until then we would rather
not be a part of this." How do you want Apache to be viewed by their
peers?