www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Food for thought
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:21:28 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Thanks. I was completely unaware of that. I notice that it doesn't say
> anything regarding NDAs or TCKs, so I guess that is why it was OK to
> participate and approve JSR 270? (I hope this doesn't come across as
> snotty or antagonistic. I haven't reviewed the archives of this list yet
> so I really have no idea what has come before).

JSR 270 would not have been approved with the TCK restrictions.

The trouble, as usual, is that licenses are handed to the licensees very
late in the game.  This is why I supported an Abstain until the actual
TCK license is presented on future JSR proposals.  We can only vote +1
on proposals we know will be open source.