www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Request (was: [VOTE] New ASF/JCP Policies)
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:31:02 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> - - -
> Request:
>
> If you got this far, thanks for listening.  I will only ask one thing:
> given the length of time that this proposal has been out there, if you
> wish to debate the terms of this proposal, do it on a new thread.
> Vote -1 if you feel you must on this proposal with a pointer to that
> thread if you like, but lets keep this thread to the vote itself.

Request;

it's really hard to follow a new draft v.s. old draft.  If you could branch
/jcp/index.xml, and commit one policy change/issue per change, it would be
possible to decide how far to take the policy changes.  We could adopt some
rev's, vote down certain rev's, and adopt the policy more quickly once each
of the issues has been considered, and merge back.

>From these long threads, it's clear some of the changes are resoundingly
agreed to, some of these are cautiously feasible with appropriate grandfather
exceptions, and some seem to be less-than-our-consensus on this forum.