www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: JSR 316: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Specification
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:16:18 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> writes:
>
>> Is another open letter called for to let them know what is coming? Is
>> there anything we can do to try and get other voters to take a similar
>> line?
>
> Sun is quite capable of reading this mailing list, so we don't need
> to send them another invitation.  I don't know why Geir didn't JFDI
> this into action yesterday, but I suspect peer pressure played a
> large role in his selection of a mediocre "abstain" over an IMO
> truly excellent "no".

I completely concur that only Geir could make the decision based on
several different points of view expressed over 24-48 hours, and only
Jeff will be in a position to make a decision on JSR 316 under the
advice and suggestions he sees on this thread.

Roy is correct, the board will create new policy or designate a group
to determine the new policy, but right now they've entrusted specific
committers to field these JSR's under their own good judgment.  In the
near term there will be some additional guidelines to help them make
that call.

Bill