www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:48:08 GMT
Filip at Apache wrote:
> This discussion has been very long, so I might have missed the reasoning
> behind not issuing new NDAs for TCK tests.

To be really clear, I don't think we are discussing "no new NDA's" *per
individual committer*, of some specific TCK we already license and handled
under NDA.

I think this is with respect to "no new TCKs accepted with NDA terms".

Please correct me if I misunderstood.

One idea floated yesterday, let each project vote up or down, to be
grandfathered in, or take the jcp-open new policy line, if the current
policy interferes with their project's operation.  I think that is the
best solution for ASF development communities.

Bill