www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No NDAs? Or open TCKs?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:43:56 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

> teams at Tomcat and Geronimo have done really great things with their
> implementations of their respective specs, so I don't think that it is
> really fair to penalize them with an asterisk on their sites that they
> aren't officially certified just because of the dust up with Harmony.

I don't agree with you (at least for the reason).
Apache projects are not the islands.

IMHO clarifying the NDA/TCK issues would help all ASF projects
so they can call them self spec compliant instead using pseudo-TCKs.

Not sure if the same TCK issues are of concerns for Geronimo or
Tomcat as they are for Harmony, but FOU can be a real problem
even for a simplest product that needs to pass the TCK.

However like said, not sure if a Servlet TCK has a FOU, and
if not we would be fine (if we were island).

Regards,
Mladen.