www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Are proprietary TCK's compatible with open standards?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:28:03 GMT

> We're reacting in anger at the FOU issue by tying the NDA issue.

I am frustrated.

I am against the ASF participating with NDAs.  I have always been
against the ASF participating with NDAs.  Since long before the FOU
issue.  And, on the off chance it ever happens, I will still be
against the ASF participating in NDAs long after the FOU issue is a
distant memory.

Meanwhile, I see our friends at the FSF saying essentially "hey, wait
a minute" and rising in chorus against the same issue.

But I can't bring this up now, because we are in prolonged and
(apparently interminable discussions) on an unrelated issue?

I continue to want us to vote NO on any vote where the JSR in question
will require NDAs for technical participation, including conformance
requirements.

- Sam Ruby