www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: servlet 3.0 (JSR-315)
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:39:57 GMT
On 7/2/07, Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org> writes:
>
> > On 7/2/07, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Will NDAs be required to access to TCK?  Will development of this JSR
> >> require a private mailing list?
> >>
> >> If the answer to either of the above two is either 'yes' or 'unknown',
> >> then I VEHEMENTLY object, and call for others on this mailing list to
> >> do so too.
> >
> > I have no particular opinion of what stance to take if the above is
> > not fulfilled on this particular case, but I would like to raise a
> > small flag that if ASF makes too strong ultimatums, I think our
> > "business friendly" reputation will degenerate.
>
> It's not an ultimatum, it's a vote.

Exactly.

Per http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=315, this vote was put forward on
19th Jun, and closes today, 2 July.  For context, here is the vote for
servlet 2.4:

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=812

Two take-aways: a single NO vote, registered on the last day is
neither a veto, nor is likely to be a swing vote.  Furthermore, by
issuing the vote on the last day, we are unlikely to cause anybody
else to reconsider their votes.  The latter is something we can work
on improving in the future.

I continue to advocate that we put forward a NO vote.

- Sam Ruby