www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: TSFKAJ
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:33:31 GMT

On Jul 15, 2007, at 12:29 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>
>> The point I'm trying to make is that the basic notions of an NDA - to
>> agree not to disclose information given to you in a specific context
>> except to those who have agreed to the same conditions - are the same
>> basic notions of a private list, which we accept.
>
> With respect to technical or code discussions?  That would come as
> a huge
> surprise and shock to me.

We do for security lists.  And the only code discussions that would
fall under the JCP NDA is if you are discussing Sun's TCK code.  It
doesn't apply to ASF code of course.  So lets not confuse the issue.

I take it then, Bill, that if the ASF asked every PMC member to sign
an NDA to join the PMC's private@*.apache.org lists, that would be ok
with you?

For example, if you took

   http://www.apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf

and tweaked it so that it wasn't only about "confidential materials"
from "third parties", wouldn't it represent the state of affairs that
we hope exists for private@*, members@*, board@*, etc?

I imagine that under the right circumstances, someone could do quite
a bit of damage with some of the info floating around on various
private lists...

geir