www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: servlet 3.0 (JSR-315)
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:42:04 GMT

On Jul 2, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> "But Dad, you've never asked me for the grades.  As a matter of
> fact, I overheard you and mom planning to decide about asking for
> grades tomorrow..."

Are you honestly suggesting that the Open Letter did not,
in fact, ask Sun "for the grades"??

I will repeat what Niall suggested:

   "The ASF has serious reservations about how the JCP operates
    following Sun's refusal to provide the JCK to the Apache
    Harmony project under open source friendly terms. Since Sun
    has not responded to the ASF's open Letter on this subject,
    the ASF is currently in the process of formulating a new
    policy towards the JCP (see jcp-open@apache.org) and all
    future JSRs will be evaluated in light of that policy. Since
    the policy has not yet been finalized the ASF reluctantly
    votes (yes|no|abstain) at this time."

Sun's refusal has, imo, put us in a position where we
need to formulate this policy. We have serious reservations
and concerns about the current business as usual. As such,
how can we vote Yes, which implies a continued
acceptance of such business-as-usual?