www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt - or, What can I do with a TCK?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:16:40 GMT
Hi Sam,

My understanding of xsd and dtd files is that they are in fact a
"binary form". They are not compiled and are used without modifications.

As the policy is not final, perhaps we can update it:

binary
a form of the work not typically used for making modifications,
including executables, object code,
+  dtd files, xsd files, // my own addition to this section
and Java class files

Craig

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> The ASF Third-Party Licensing Policy (which seems to be stalled at
> draft 0.52?)  only permits redistributing CDDL in 'binary form':
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
> http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html
>
> Short version: people come to the ASF expecting to find software
> without reciprocal licensing agreements.
>
> - Sam Ruby

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!