www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 19:41:26 GMT
-1.

That's not how I imagine the ASF (should) work. While there may be
binding and non-binding votes (this is to your point about random
people reading the list), having an open discussion about JCP
participation is important, and I am glad it is happening here and
the vote is done in public. Committers are not random people, they
are the people directly affected by the non-technical decisions.

As a non-member I may not know the full negotiation history, this
doesn't mean that myself or committers from other projects have no
business taking part in this discussion. Aside from a general
openness issue in the ASF decision-making (which I'll be glad to
discuss separately... ironically this whole discussion is about
openness ... of the JCP), this particular one affects a lot of
projects, Geronimo, Cayenne, etc. Somehow I feel folks from these
projects should have a say.

Andrus