www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:27:40 GMT

On Jul 14, 2007, at 5:10 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> I want to do a Jakarta Standard Taglib release soon (JSTL spec). If
> someone can tell me that 'Yes, you can release without the TCK', which
> I think we've been doing anyway, then I've no interest in running the
> TCK.

The JSTL Specification appears to have the same legal text as the one
I previously quoted from the Java EE 5 spec (which impacts
Geronimo).  Since this is test case for a specific component Roy
get's his wish and we have one small test case to look at.

IANAL and really don't care to be.  That said, we find ourselves
immersed in legal discussions so I'm hoping that someone qualified to
speak on IP law (and not our desires) can chime in here so we can get
a dogmatic read on the license, the past and direction for the future.

It seems to me we are kind of stuck with TCKs but I agree with you
Henri that life would be far easier without them.