www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Are proprietary TCK's compatible with open standards?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:54:04 GMT
I know this isn't timely, but I've been looking into the issue of the
TCK harness technology and can't find anything to back up Roy's
claims here.

In fact, the TCK harness used by the CTS is open source and has been
for many months. Please see https://jtharness.dev.java.net for details.

Perhaps, Roy, you are referring to a different test harness? Which
one is that?

Craig

On Jul 5, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The second ND-issue is about the TCK technology and test coverage.
> Sun demands that ND in the TCK access agreement because they agreed
> to an idiotic license with the contractor who actually built their
> harness, so Sun is stuck with both a lousy testing framework and a
> crippling limitation on feedback from actual testers.  That is why
> all Sun TCKs suck, and why they all require non-disclosure on usage.
> The only way around the TCK NDA is for spec leads to stop using the
> Sun-provided harness aside from the required demonstration that the
> individual tests provide 100% signature coverage on the interface
> being standardized.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!