www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:27:26 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 6/29/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Rolling a release of Harmony without the TCK is no different than this
>> position we would put our /source code users/ under.  So perhaps it's
>> time to move on, disclaim WHY the implementation is not TCK validated,
>> and consider what our next steps are in relationship to non-Open JSR's?
>
> Perhaps it's time to... consider?

Right - my bad.  I mean rather than consider /again/, specifically act with
respect to the Java JSR's.  Meaning - a vote to exit those JSR's already,
without waiting to agree on what a 'new JCP policy' looks like.

We don't need a new JCP policy and clean up around the edges to know which
specific JSRs are entirely broken.  Right?

Bill