www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:00:52 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2007, at 8:12 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>> I think the issue of JCK vs TCK and our stance is a difficult one.  I
>> would hope we do not cut off our nose to spite our face.  As I
>> understand it, the JCK is a different testing animal than the TCKs.
>> They test different things AFAICT.
>
> Nope.  It's just a TCK.  it tests a different JSR, but it's just a TCK.
> It's conceptually no different than the J2EE TCK.

Well...ultimately I think thats for Sun to decide.  They call them
different names and they appear to have a different terms of use, thus
they are different, no?  Do other Apache projects that pass TCKs have
the same restrictions on licensing as using a JCK?  If so, then we have
a really big problem on our hands...if not, then there is a difference?

Jeff