www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [Draft] New ASF/JCP Policies
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:10:46 GMT
On 6/29/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@apache.org> wrote:

> Rolling a release of Harmony without the TCK is no different than this
> position we would put our /source code users/ under.  So perhaps it's
> time to move on, disclaim WHY the implementation is not TCK validated,
> and consider what our next steps are in relationship to non-Open JSR's?

Perhaps it's time to... consider?

We've been seeking this TCK for somewhere between ten and eleven months now.

The open letter went out 12 weeks ago, as of next Tuesday.

JavaOne ended over 9 weeks ago, which effectively was the last time
Geir and Sun talked.

I proposed some concrete wording 6 weeks ago (as of next Monday).  It
got three plus ones, but recently this thread has meandered off into
other directions.

Here's a thought.  Perhaps it is time for more concrete proposals.
It's not all that hard.  I did mine with vi.

- Sam Ruby