www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Any news on the TCK for Harmony?
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:21:01 GMT
"Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> writes:

> On May 13, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> "Davanum Srinivas" <davanum@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> Have we heard from Sun officially on our Open Letter for access to the
>>> TCK for Harmony?
>>
>> AIUI our self-imposed deadline has passed, and negotiations to
>> this point have failed.  It's too bad that there's absolutely
>> no public record of those negotiations here or anywhere else,
>> so we'll have to start the discussion from scratch.
>
> Not really.

Ah good then- here's some from the meeting minutes:

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2006/board_minutes_2006_10_25.txt
  http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2006/board_minutes_2006_12_20.txt
  http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2007/board_minutes_2007_01_17.txt

>>> Is it time to figure out the next steps on how to deal with Sun's
>>> reluctance to keep it's agreements?
>>
>> Yes, but we're still waiting for our VP of the JCP to sort out his
>> dissonance and provide a summary report.
>
> What dissonance?

You mentioned privately that you didn't want to "push things off a
cliff".  I assume by that you meant opening this discussion here on
the issues surrounding Harmony and the TCK.

--
Joe Schaefer