www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: JSR291 OSGi - request for comment on final vote
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 15:12:38 GMT
On 5/21/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 21, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
> > Let's make it simple.  Any vote gets a "NO!" until we actually *see*
> > the license.
>
> How can you trust that will be the license at some time in the future?

I acknowledge that potential for infinite regress.  But that potential
is merely theoretical.  The fact that a JCP spec lead has attempted to
provide us with an unacceptable license is not theoretical, and
requesting actual licenses (as opposed to statements of intent)
earlier in the process is a prudent response to this situation.

> Glyn has posted the link to the license (in this thread) :
>
> http://www2.osgi.org/JSR291/TCK#nonprofitlicense
>
> Does that satisfy your concern?

It is a license.  We have seen it.  Unless somebody identifies a
specific concern with that specific license, yes.

I will also note that having the spec lead directly participate in the
open discussion and respond so quickly is a great precedent to have at
this time.

> geir

- Sam Ruby