www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: EJB 3.1 and JavaEE6
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 19:44:41 GMT

On May 27, 2007, at 3:43 AM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 5/25/07, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>> Hey all.  I'd like to participate in EJB 3.1 and JavaEE6 as an Apache
>> rep on those specs.  Shooting a note out here for discussion.
>>
>> I was fortunate enough to participate in EJB 3.0 as an independent,
>> but no longer have independent status.
>
> is this to do with a change in employment?

Right.

> does someone stop being an expert when they change their employer?

I don't know if it's that cut and dry.  When I started on EJB 3.0
(220) for example, I was Independent.  Then I joined Gluecode and
eventually Gluecode as bought by IBM.  I never got "kicked off" as a
220 Expert during those transitions, but I think that was more an act
of them "letting it slide" than anything else.  JSR 220 is over now
and I wouldn't expect to be accepted for any new JSRs as an Independent.

-David