www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject JSR-311 : that "REST" stuff that Roy keeps carrying on about...
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:56:46 GMT
  :)

Last night, Sun informed the EC regarding the changes made to title
and package name.

I voted yes this morning with the comment :

"The ASF thanks the spec lead for making the changes to the title and
package name as noted in a mail to the EC on 2/16/07 - this was a key
requirement for us.

We'd also like to encourage the spec lead to consider creating the
software portion of the TCK as open source software, allowing
community participation in designing as well as implementing the
tests.  There is successful precedent for this, and it wouldn't
necessarily put compatibility of independent implementations nor the
spec leads ability to command support or other revenue at risk if
this path was chosen.

Finally, we strongly urge the spec lead to "utilize" rather than
"leverage" an open source development model for this JSR, to
encourage as much participation from the community as possible - the
community has a tremendous amount of experience using this
architectural model, and it behooves the spec lead to take advantage
of known best practices."