www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: JSR 311 - Java API for RESTful Web Services
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:50:25 GMT
On Feb 15, 2007, at 5:49 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Ok - I'll do that today with a clear message.
>
> I assume you'd be happy if :
>
> 1) "rest" wasn't in the package name
>
> 2) It wasn't called something like "the REST API", but maybe "JAX-
> RS" or a Java API for accessing RESTful services?

I just want it to have a different name, so that I can say "XXX sucks"
without being forced to say "the RESTful API sucks".  I am happy to let
Sun go overboard and say that XXX is the RESTful API for Java in the
title, just so long as the noun and API are named XXX, not REST(ful).
They couldn't possibly do any worse than the other Web-related APIs
in JSE, none of which make any sense to me.

Does the EC see the 311-comments list discussion?

....Roy