www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: JSR 173 Maintenance Review
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 03:34:52 GMT
I would definitely like to hear some clarification from the EG about the
license of the jsr173.jar and the RI. Preferrably I would like to see the
Sun download page use the AL2 license (which the jar should be under IIUC)
and also a license file included in the jars.

I would like to see clarifications to the XMLStreamReader APIs as to when
the various methods should return null or "" for default namespaces or no
prefixed elements.

I would also like to see the current RI go away as its been buggy and slow
in the past. Woodstox is much better, under the AL2, and actively
maintained.

Cheers,

- Dan

--