www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Apache representative on JSR 283
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:40:36 GMT
On Sep 6, 2006, at 8:39 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> On 9/6/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
>> Well, the NDA is one thing, the second is the spec lead must
>> accept this
>> change (adding the ASF to the EG) and we need to tell the PMO.
>>
>> Let me ask, what will be different w/ you as ASF rep rather than
>> individual?
>
> Nothing in practice, it's mostly a perceptional issue. It was actually
> the spec lead who was asking whether I will be representing the ASF in
> the EG. There's currently no official ASF representative on the expert
> group even thought he RI and TCK are being built in the Apache
> Jackrabbit project.

I thought that Sylvain was going to be the Apache rep, but I haven't
seen any involvement from him.  I agree that Jukka is not only the
best person to represent Apache, but is already effectively doing so
by the amount of participation (far more than my own, BTW).

The ASF is already "in" the EG -- we just don't have an official rep.

....Roy