www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: TCK agreement
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:29:35 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Aug 8, 2006, at 3:22 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> Regarding the cross-project discussion, would it make sense to
>> create a
>> jpa-tck@ alias for the projects to start the dialog?
>
> sure, although until you get the beastie, I'm not sure what you'd have
> to really talk about.

Given how long it takes for infrastructure to be set up, maybe we can
start now with the mailing lists. Once that's set up, we can talk
about which repository we want to put the tck into. I'm thinking that
since the tck is distributed as source code we will want to put it
into svn somewhere and have a build environment.

How have other tck projects set up their tck's? Is there a generic-
tck@ alias to which all tck interested parties can subscribe? I know
that tck's are as different as Apache projects, and the Apache tck
projects are likely different yet. Have any tck projects found a
pattern that works well?

Craig

> geir
>

>> Craig

>>> I don't know if Geronimo would need it, given that would be
>>> tested as
>>> part of the Java EE platform TCK.
>>>
>>> But we should have cross-project discussion re JPA indeed.
>>>
>>> geir

>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com