www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: TCK agreement
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:38:42 GMT

On Aug 8, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> I'd like to get a feel for how the others have set up the
> repository. Is it up to each individual person to extract the tck,
> create the source tree, set up run scripts, etc.? How much is
> common to the project?

On Geronimo, we had the TCK binary checked in as Geir mentions, but
it made SVN cry, so we got rid of it.  We still have an active
geronimo-tck svn that contains lots of build files (maven 1),
deployment descriptors, stuff for creating reports, and the results
themselves.  Basically, everything you need to run the tck and
generate a report sans the tck binary itself.  You can run pretty
much any test with a single maven command.

It definitely took us a while to build up that system.

As lots of that stuff is largely tied to a specific Geronimo version
(project.xml files, descriptors, results, etc.), we branch that
content each time we branch Geronimo.

Hope this helps.  Happy to provide more info.

-David