www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: TCK agreement
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:52:59 GMT
Hi Geir,

I think I'm confused. Doesn't Geronimo need to test against the Java
EE platform TCK? Which includes the JPA TCK operating in "server" mode.

Ah, now I understand. The JPA TCK is in two pieces, and when I say
JPA TCK you are thinking only of the stand-alone version. They really
should have split this off into another JSR.

Regarding the cross-project discussion, would it make sense to create
a jpa-tck@ alias for the projects to start the dialog?

Craig

On Aug 7, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
>> I'm most interested in the JPA TCK. If you let me know when it
>> arrives..
>>
>> There are several projects that potentially need the JPA TCK,
>> including
>> Cayenne, OpenJPA, and Geronimo. Is anyone trying to figure out any
>> synergy among these groups?
>
> I don't know if Geronimo would need it, given that would be tested as
> part of the Java EE platform TCK.
>
> But we should have cross-project discussion re JPA indeed.
>
> geir
>

>> Craig
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>
>>> got it.
>>>
>>> The TCKs are given to committers that ask that have the NDA filed.
>>>
>>> Of the TCKs listed, which do you want?  We don't have th JPA one
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> geir

>> Craig Russell
>> jdo