www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Apache Representative(s) for JSR-299 (Web Beans)
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:44:53 GMT
Gavin King of JBoss (now Red Hat) recently submitted JSR-299[1] to the Java
Community Process, to unify the component and annotation models around
JavaServer Faces and EJB3, including some notions around using EJB session
beans to represent conversational state.  From a Sun perspective, current
plans are that I'm going to be the Sun rep on this expert group, but there
are two Shale (and MyFaces and Struts) committers that have expressed
interest in being ASF's representatives on this JSR.

I had suggested to them that this sort of thing gets discussed here (jcp AT
apache.org), and Matthias (at least) had sent a separate message to the list
that is probably hung up in a moderation queue somewhere, so it seems
quickest to have me submit this message, and cc Matthias and James (who are
not ASF members).

How do we formally appoint representatives to JSRs?  Is anyone else here
also interested in JSR 299?  Are we OK with having non-members as EG reps?
Would such people have to sign any of the non-disclosure paperwork in order
to become involved?

Reminder:  Matthias and James are not subscribed to this list, so include
them as cc's if we want them to be aware of conversations.

Craig McClanahan

[1] http://jcp.org//en/jsr/detail?id=299