www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Representative(s) for JSR-299 (Web Beans)
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 04:27:07 GMT
On 7/14/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
> Great.  Lets send both.  If Gavin lets both on, super.  Otherwise, we'll
> call them 'primary' and 'backup' and let them figure out how they want
> to share the role.

That 'primary' and 'backup' thing is a good idea.

> Given that Gavin groks open source, I'm hoping he decides (or can be
> persuaded) to run the EG in a transparent manner similar to an OSS project.

for the license there is something like "a free of charge open source
license" mentioned.

> What I usually do is send a 'heads up' note to the PMO so they know that
> these people are representing the ASF (the PMO generally understands
> that people just can't claim that w/o us knowing) and then let the poor
> suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H valiant representatives of the glorious open
> source revolution who volunteered deal with their paperwork.

:)

> If others are interested, we deal with it in one of two ways - either
> try to get them to be able to be on the EG mail list and participate in
> con calls, or if that fails (it's spec lead's discretion), we setup an
> internal mail list for discussion related to that JSR.

an internal list for the ASF is a thing I like generally like
"jsr-299@apache.org"
I guess lot's of MyFaces/Shale guys are interested in that content ;)

> At the minimum, I think they should sign the NDA (as participation as
> ASF reps is under the cover of our signing the JSPA) and second, they
> should join this list :)

Because of the TCK I signed it already. James told me that he will
send that fax to you (I gave him your fax number, I think...)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: