www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Felipe Leme <felip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB3 vote
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:24:34 GMT
Hi again Geir,

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> When this mess was created two years ago, Sun as the spec lead promised
> that there would be a separate TCK for JPA.  While I was against the

Just for the record, that promise is officially stated in the "A Letter
to the Java Technology Community"
(http://java.sun.com/j2ee/letter/persistence.html):

"The new POJO persistence model will be delivered by JSR-220 as a
separate specification, Reference Implementation, and Technology
Compatibility Kit, usable independently of EJB 3.0."

And that's not all: they also "believe this is a unique opportunity for
the Java community to create a common POJO persistence model for both
J2SE and J2EE" and "ask the entire Java technology community to support
us and the efforts of the JSR-220 Expert Group".

So, I'd say they asked and we supported it; now it's their time to keep
the promisse and deliver a separate spec, RI and TCK.

-- Felipe