www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: JSR 291 : OSGi
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:08:36 GMT

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Today a new JSR was officially announced  :
>
> http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=291
>
> As you can see, this is for OSGi.
>
> I've told IBM that we support the JSR, and will participate in the Expert
> Group.
>
> Please volunteer if you are interested in representing the ASF on this EG.
>
> I've CC-ed felix-dev.  Please don't crosspost, but discuss on
> jcp-open@apache.org

Have you heard anything back from Felix?

There seems to be a general philosophical discussion happening between
yourself and Dain each time over how the ASF should approach JCP issues -
which to a large extent seem to boil down to a 'Deny All - then Allow' or
a 'Allow All - then Deny' pair of firewall like philosophies.

Other than that though, not seeing much discussion.

Hen