www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Voting issues for this week
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:52:18 GMT
There are three issues for voting this week :

1) JSR-243: JDO 2 - final review.  I already voted yes with the
following statement :

   Apache is proud to be a supporter of what might actually be the first
   JSR implemented with full community transparency and a permissive
   open-source license for the RI and the TCK.  We respectfully note that
   the sky hasn't fallen.

This was our own JDO podling (now in DB) and the RI is jpox and the TCK
is from here under AL 2.0.

2) JSR-291 : Dynamic Component Support aka OSGi : we have interest from
Felix and Directory to participate.  We need to bring this to closure.

3) JSR-292 : Supporting Dynamically Typed Languages : I'll note that Sun
has this wrong in the title - it's about dynamic languages, not just
dynamically typed.  I have no problem supporting this, and hope we can
find someone w/ a clue to participate on our behalf.

geir