www-jcp-open mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: NDA requirements
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:35:48 GMT

Brett Porter wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> Brett et al : do you think it's possible to run this as a completely
>> open list, that the onus is on you to filter and scrub information that
>> you move across the boundary?  IOW, you don't ever forward mail, you
>> don't move code across the boundary...  I don't know what kinds of
>> things are being discussed in the EG, but can concepts be discussed "in
>> general" on the 277 open list?
>
> I don't think this would be possible until at least the public draft is
> available. Discussing Java modularity out of context of the JSR is a
> rather large topic. My understanding of the list was to allow discussing
> the specifics of the JSR, not general discussion which there are
> probably other forums we could use.

Yes, but as I don't follow the discussion, I didn't know if it would be
possible to shadow the topics w/o giving away confidential information.
  This is the problem - what is confidential....

I wonder if you could get assent from the EG to talk about specific
concepts  - like tell them what you are doing "I have an interest list
that isn't under NDA... can I discuss $foo to see what they think?"

I dunno. I'm trying... :)

geir